Wednesday, June 16, 2010

We've made it

Today is the day Jason and I enter the temple for the first time. At 6:30 pm mountain time we will be endowed. I'm actually kind of nervous because I don't know what to expect, but that will all just have to be left that way and I will try to do what I've heard everyone say, enjoy the session and don't think I have to memorize or remember everything that is said to me tonight. It has been a long, but wonderful, eight years that we've spent growing in the church together. The final push for Jason to become an elder and take the steps he needed to become worthy to enter the temple is all thanks to his wonderful friend Travis. Travis is so wonderful, he gave Jason a new job for a company called Asea where Jason is the shipping manager. Jason now has fairly steady hours and he is salary based instead of commission based. This means that Jason will now be paid a steady pay check and we will be able to support ourselves outside of my parent's home. I'm now hoping that a blog update on us moving will be here soon.
On Friday, we will be sealed as a family at 11 am. We are having a pot luck with family and friends that day as an unofficial reception since we didn't have one when we got married civily. I'm happy that Jason's mom will be here and so will my Don, Dianna and family from Missouri. I love when family can make it for such special times like this.
As we all know, Father's Day is Sunday. Kail's birthday is also on Sunday. He'll be a big 3-year-old. He's getting so big and so smart. He can name most colors, shapes, letters and numbers. He also knows the sounds common animals make. He speaks extremely well with the little kid "slurs" and he forms complete sentences.
Stacey and Jayden are doing the same thing kids their ages do. They are out playing with their friends pretty much all day. We finally got Jayden to eat bread, so now he eats sandwiches with just meat. He won't eat the sandwiches with mayo and he won't touch peanut butter and jelly sandwiches either, but it's small steps. I'm just happy he's eating bread.
I'll be taking my physiology lab final tomorrow and the lecture final next Tuesday. I'm hoping that I get a passing grade as this has been a tough class. It sure is cool to see how things work and what makes them work. I attended the Candidate Physical Agiligy Test (CPAT) orientation last Saturday where they let us play with the stuff that we will be taking out test with. I cannot believe how out of shape I am. The very first event, there are 8 total, is a 3 minute walk on a stair machine wearing a 50 pound vest to simulate the gear and air tank firefighters wear with an addition 12.5 pounds on each should to simulate 2 hoses I would be bringing up the stairs in a 5 story building. The rest of the test is done with the 50 pound vest on. If I don't actually collapse there, I will when I get to event #7 where I have to drag a 165 dummy 70 feet. I just about passed out doing it Saturday. Hopefully I can find the motivation to get out and do some exercise before July 10th. I know, it's soon. I just have to do the CPAT in 12 minutes to be accepted into the fire academy completely.They are holding my spot pending my CPAT results. If I pass, I'm in, if I fail, I'm out. Let's hope I'm in.

No comments:

Post a Comment