Sunday, July 11, 2010

Just a quick note

For those who are not on facebook or don't go on there very often, I am updating you on my CPAT test results yesterday.
Plain and simple, I failed. The very first event one takes part in is a 3 minutes with a 20 second warm up stair climb with 75 pounds added on. I made in through the 20 second warm up and then made it to a minute and 35 seconds. I lost my concentration and faltered quickly at that point. What I'm most upset about is the fact that I could have done it had I been able to concentrate on anything other than my legs burning. Once I lost focus of everything else but my legs, I lost my balance and my spot in the fire academy. What I said to Jason after I spent my grieving and anger period telling Jason all about it was I should have told those administering the test to talk to me about anything except what I was doing at the moment. But that was long after the fact and I cannot take it back.
So, instead of moping about the fact that I failed I will begin to train at the school with the equipment so that I may attempt the fire academy about next fall. My plans for this fall are to become an EMT at the intermediate level. I am currently and EMT at the basic level and the intermediate will give me more practice for the paramedic program I still plan to attend in January. As I have yet to turn in my application for that, I don't know if I've been accepted. I will fill you in on that progress.
As for now, I will just finish my courses I have now and enjoy my summer with my kids and Jason.

No comments:

Post a Comment